On location Personal branding photo shoot - How to plan a photo shoot in a city you don't live in?
A personal branding photo shoot in Barcelona
Today is Summer! Unfortunately, it does not feel like it in London at all more like Autumn! I hope I can cheer you up a bit with a personal branding photo shoot in sunny Barcelona.
It always sounds a bit daunting to do an on location personal branding photo shoot in a city where you don't live. How do you would you overcome this challenge?
- Ideally, you will have visited the place before, remember your first impressions of the city, the places that left you in awe,
- Use Pinterest to help you create a visual board based on these memories.
- Plan your photo shoot location by location and pair it with the outfit you've selected, i.e., location 1 and outfit 1, map your photo shoot.
- The day of the shoot will be much less stressful as you already know where you are going and what you are wearing.
- Set a photo session of about 30 minutes per location,
- Use your Pinterest board for inspiration on poses and moves,
- Be open about what happens in front and behind the camera. If you are more relaxed during your shoot, pleasant surprises will occur!
An example to inspire you
For the photo shoot in Barcelona, I had already visited Barcelona before my shoot. I knew that the places I loved were Plaça del Rei for the Cuban style influence, the gothic quarter for colour tones and old stones and the beach for the vibe. When I started to work with Marta on her photo shoot we discussed locations together, I gave her my recommendations based on what she was after; we had a stylist, and a makeup artist on board to bring Marta's creative vision to life.
The work we did beforehand gave us clarity about how the photo shoot would unfold and what she wanted to get out of it! Marta now has portraits not only speaking about who she is but also communication about what she inspires with energy, warmness and sunshine!
The work we did beforehand did clarify how the photo shoot would unfold and what she wanted to get out of it! Marta now has portraits not only speaking about who she is but also communication about what she inspires with energy, warmness and sunshine!